Check out this awesome article “Examples of advanced segmentation for optimal results“.
If you’re new to the world of email marketing, you might be unfamiliar with the importance of segmenting your email lists.
The best part about email segmentation? There are a ton of creative ways to segment your email list to run innovative and effective campaigns that customers and subscribers will enjoy, from geography and industry to content format and topic. The more information you collect about your email recipients, the more opportunities to tailor your emails to resonate just right.
Segment Your Email List for More Targeted Email Marketing
The whole point of segmentation is to provide more relevant content to your email recipients. To do that, you’ll have to take the time to craft targeted campaigns that take into account not just list segments but also lead data, and trigger events that help customize your email campaigns further.
Bear in mind that while some of these recommendations will work great on their own, many of them are at their absolute best when crossed with other segments, triggers, and lead intelligence data.
The following tags can be used as dynamic values. They will be replaced as shown below.
To add, edit, or delete segements let’s get started.
- Log in to Express ‘Em’s Portal
- Click on “Lists” within the left menu area
- Click on “Lists” within the sub-menu area
- Choose the desired subscriber list by clicking names or icons on the right of the list.
- On the subscriber overview page, click on Segments
- You will see an overview of your segments on this page. To create a new segment click on “Create New”
- Within the section “Create a new list segment” fill out the name of the segment and choose an operator match (any or all) to work with defined conditions:
- Field = custom tag with a subscriber list,
- Operator: Is, is not, contains, not contains, starts with, ends with, is greater than, is less than, not start with, and start with.
- Value: based on what you want to trigger this segmentation.
Internal Tag Cheatsheet.
|[EMPTY]||It will be transformed into an empty value|
|[DATETIME]||It will be transformed into the current date/time in the format of Y-m-d H:i:s (i.e: 2019-02-11 11:52:11)|
|[DATE]||It will be transformed into the current date in the format of Y-m-d (i.e: 2019-02-11 11:52:11)|
|[PAST_DAYS_X]||It will rewind the current date by X days and use that as a comparison date|
|[FUTURE_DAYS_X]||It will forward the current date by X days and use that as a comparison date|
|[BIRTHDAY]||It requires the birthday custom field value to be in the format of Y-m-d (i.e: 2019-02-11) in order to work properly|
|[BIRTHDAY_FUTURE_DAYS_X]||It will forward the birthday by X days relative to the current date and use that as a comparison date.|